We are Wolfies Drinks Ltd (“we“, “our“, “us“). We are a company registered in Scotland with company number SC755526 whose registered office is at 1 Glenfield Road, East Kilbride, Glasgow, Scotland, G75 0RA. Our VAT registration number is 434 4772 86.
The products we supply consist of spirits in the form of blended Scotch whisky. Our whisky is distilled and bottled in Scotland. Our products are available in the UK, EU, Switzerland and the US only.
You may contact us in relation to any matter, including with any complaints:
by e-mail at email@example.com;
by post at
1 Glenfield Road
When you order products from us we will confirm to you the total price you must pay to us for those products, along with any delivery charges. For orders delivered to countries outside the UK you may be liable to pay custom and duty charges. These are not included in the price; and Wolfie’s Whisky is not liable to pay them.
Our arrangements for payment and delivery are set out in our Product Supply Terms, see these below.
If you are buying products from us as a UK consumer you have a right to cancel your contract with us. Please see our Product Supply Terms, available below. Please note that you cannot cancel any contract where you have received and opened our products. Please also note the requirements regarding return of products to us set out in that section.
Our Product Supply Terms (available below) set out what we will supply to you. We are under a legal duty to adhere to these terms.
If you have any questions following your purchase of products from us please contact us using the details set out above.
The contract between you and us for the supply of products lasts from the date of our shipping confirmation to the date that we have supplied the products ordered to you.
In the case of certain orders, we may ask you for a deposit or payment to account, prior to accepting and fulfilling that order.
Complaints may be submitted to us at the address and using the means set out above. Please see our Product Supply Terms for information upon disputes with us. If you are an EU consumer, you may also use the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform at http://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/ to resolve a dispute with us.
PRODUCT SUPPLY TERMS
- These terms (our “Product Supply Terms“) set out how you may buy goods from us, what we will supply to you, what we won’t do, and what you are obliged to do in relation to the purchase of those goods. They also set out certain rights you have under law, if you are purchasing our goods as a consumer rather than as part of your business.
- For the purposes of our Product Supply Terms, our Site include the websites linked to the following domain names and all associated webpages:
- You should read these Product Supply Terms carefully before seeking to buy goods from us, as they create binding legal obligations upon you. If you do not understand any part of them please let us know using the contact details set out below. If you do not agree with or accept any of these Product Supply Terms, you should not seek to buy goods from us. Please note that we may update our Product Supply Terms from time to time, so if you revisit our Site at a later date you should check the Product Supply Terms again at that time to make sure you have seen the current version.
- If you have any questions about our Site or these Product Supply Terms, including if you don’t understand any part of these Product Supply Terms, please contact us:
- by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by post at
1 Glenfield Road
- We will endeavor to respond to you promptly. Please note that our email facilities are monitored only during the hours of 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public and bank holidays in Scotland).
- Please also note that we may record calls and keep a record of correspondence to enable us to properly manage our Site, to deal with your query, and for quality and training purposes.
- Personal Data
- If you buy goods on our Site you agree to be legally bound by these Product Supply Terms.
- These Product Supply Terms are available only in English. No other languages will apply to these Product Supply Terms.
- When buying any goods you also agree to be legally bound by:
All of the above documents form part of this contract as though set out in full here.
- Age Restrictions
In your country of residence, it will be illegal for any person under a specified age to buy (or to attempt to buy) alcohol for themselves or for any other person under that age or for an adult to buy (or to attempt to buy) alcohol for any person under that age. You must not buy or attempt to buy goods from us if it would contravene these restrictions.
Contracts with Us
- Below, we set out how a legally binding contract is made between you and us.
- You place an order for goods from us on our Site by completing our purchase process for goods.
- When you press the button “Complete Order” you make an offer to us to purchase goods from us. We may accept or decline your order. Once your order has been placed, you will receive a message which says “We have received your order”. This does not mean a contract has been concluded between you and us. It only means we have received your order.
- Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. However, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to us. Please use the “Return to…” option upon our Site, rather than the back button on your browser, to move back in your order process and correct errors.
- Following the placing of your order, we may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is generally for the following reasons:
- the goods are unavailable;
- we cannot authorise your payment;
- you are not allowed to buy the goods from us;
- we are not allowed to sell the goods to you, for example because you are not over the legal age to buy the goods;
- we are not able to supply goods to the delivery address;
- you have ordered too many goods; or
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the goods.
- We only accept your order when we email you our shipping confirmation. At this point a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us for the supply of the goods set out in that confirmation. The basis for that contract shall be these Product Supply Terms.
- If you are under the legal age for purchasing alcohol in your country of residence you may not buy any goods from our Site.
- We use various service providers to deliver our goods.
- The estimated date for delivery of goods to you will be as set out in our shipping confirmation.
- If something happens which:
- is outside of our control; and
- affects the estimated date of delivery;
we will let you have a revised estimated date for delivery of the goods.
- Delivery of the goods will take place when we deliver the goods to the address that you gave to us.
- Our delivery provider may not be able to deliver the goods to you if they are unable to properly identify you. Please ensure that you are able to provide our provider with a form of photographic ID.
- We will endeavor to set a delivery date which is within thirty (30) days of your order. Unless you and us agree otherwise, if we cannot deliver your goods within thirty (30) days, we will:
- let you know;
- cancel your order; and
- give you a refund.
- if nobody is available to take delivery, please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- Please note that in such circumstances our delivery provider may retain the goods and provide you with various options for redelivery or collection. You can set which options shall apply upon the website of our delivery provider, details of which shall be provided to you by the delivery provider.
- You are responsible for the goods supplied to you when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the goods passes to you when you take possession of the goods.
- We do not deliver to post office boxes or similar addresses.
- Where you order multiple products from us, we may deliver your goods in instalments. Each instalment shall be the subject of a separate contract, on the terms of these Product Supply Terms.
- The price for our goods and the amount of delivery charges you agree to pay will be set out in our order process, just before you submit your order. Further information upon the price of our goods and our delivery charges is set out upon our Site. While we try to make sure that our Site is accurate and up-to-date, we cannot promise that it will be. As such, please ensure you check your order before submitting it.
- We accept the following credit cards and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. You can also pay via Paypal and Apple Pay. We do not accept cash.
- Your credit card or debit card may be charged at any time after you submit your order. Please ensure you have sufficient funds to meet any payment due to us.
- All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer. Extra steps such as the following may also apply.
Verified by Visa (see https://www.visaeurope.com/making-payments/verified-by-visa/)
Mastercard®SecureCodeTM (see https://www.mastercard.co.uk/en-gb/consumers/features-benefits/securecode.html)
American Express SafeKey (see https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/benefits/service-security/safety-fraud/how-amex-protects-you/safekey/)
- If your payment is not received by us and you have already received the goods, you must pay for the goods within seven (7) days or return them to us as soon as possible. You must keep the goods in your possession, take reasonable care of them and not open or use them before you return them to us.
- If you do not return any goods (such as where you have not paid for them) we may, although we don’t have to, collect the goods from you at your expense. We will try to contact you to let you know if we intend to do this.
- Nothing in this clause affects your legal rights as a consumer, as set out below.
- The price of the goods:
- is in pounds sterling (£)(GBP), or US Dollars ($)(USD)
- includes VAT at the applicable rate; and
- does not include the cost of delivering the goods, which will be set out separately during our online order process.
- does not include any customs and duty charges incurred outwith the UK.
Nature of the goods
- The goods that we provide to you shall be:
- of satisfactory quality;
- fit for purpose; and
- match the description of them set out upon this Site.
- The goods that we provide to you shall be:
- End of the contract
If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
The Limits of our Liability
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for any losses that were not foreseeable when you accessed our Site, or that were not caused by any breach of these Product Supply Terms or any duty on our part. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law, any and all express and implied warranties and guarantees.
- What we say we will do, and what say we won’t do, or what we will guarantee and what we don’t guarantee, and what we recommend or require you to do, in these Product Supply Terms and the other documents they reference, is therefore very important. Please read these documents carefully and let us know if you don’t understand any point.
- We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these Product Supply Terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion or accident.
- Further, no one other than a party to these Product Supply Terms has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
These Product Supply Terms are dated 16th July 2023. No changes to these Product Supply Terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing. We reserve the right to vary these Product Supply Terms from time to time.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- If you are unhappy with us please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you and us cannot resolve a dispute using our complaint handling procedure, we will:
- let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and
- if you are An EU consumer, you may also use the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform at http://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/ to resolve the dispute with us.
- You can purchase goods from us either as a consumer, which means not as part of your business, trade or profession, or as a business, for example as a retailer, or to use as part of a company event. If you purchase goods as a consumer then you have certain additional rights.
- By law, as a consumer we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made. If you want to see this key information, please visit our key information page, located here or contact us using the contact details at the top of this page. The key information we give you by law forms part of this contract (as though it is set out in full here). If we have to change any key information once a legally binding contract between you and us is made, we can only do this if you agree to it.
Right to cancel this contract
- If you are buying goods from us as an EU or UK consumer, you have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen (14) days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day that we send you confirmation that your order has been accepted.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (for example a letter sent by post, a fax or an email). You can use the model cancellation form set out in the box below, but it is not obligatory. You should send it to us using the means of contact set out in these Product Supply Terms.
Cancellation form To Wolfies Drinks Ltd of 1 Glenfield Road, East Kilbride, Glasgow, Scotland, G75 0RA, email address [email@example.com]:
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods:
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
[*] Delete as appropriate
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired. We advise that you retain some evidence of your dispatch of the communication, for example a copy of your email or proof of postage.
- You do not have the right to return any goods that have become unsealed or have been opened following delivery.
- If you cancel this contract under this section, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you, for example damage to packaging.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than fourteen (14) days after the day we received back from you any goods supplied; or (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you have received goods and you wish to exercise you right to cancel:
- you must send back the goods or hand them over to us at the address above, without undue delay and in any event not later than fourteen (14) days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation of this contract to us;
- please send to us the goods securely packed, to ensure that they are not damaged in transit. If they are damaged you may be liable to pay us the full price for those goods.